Subject: I'd love a change of topic
From: "Lawrence Rosen" <lrosen@rosenlaw.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 20:38:54 -0700

The unfortunate thread of the past few days about who is and who isn't on
the License Proliferation Committee is distracting us from some really
important issues. There are a few new licenses and some license revisions
actually on the table, but I hear too much whining (on both sides) about
process and very little about that substance.

Everyone who sees this email is free to participate on license-discuss. If
there's a substantive topic to discuss, bring it here. Nobody is required to
report to some committee of the OSI board. Meanwhile, I hope that License
Proliferation Committee produces some suggestions soon, so that those
suggestions can be discussed on license-discuss.

Nobody has ever been silenced from license-discuss. Call it a "committee of
the whole" and let's get on with important topics.

Please?

/Larry Rosen