Subject: Re: License Proliferation
From: superm40@comcast.net (Matthew Seth Flaschen)
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 20:42:33 +0000

Russel originally said that the GPL splits the developer community into two groups.
 This is correct.  One group can use GPL code(those who license their own code GPL)
and one can not(everyone else).  However, similar splits occur with most licenses except
weak, effectively public domain licenses(i.e BSD).  I certainly don't have a problem
with these splits in general, as they are an intended product of the licenses.   Perhaps
Russell does.  I can't speak for him.

-Matt Flaschen