Subject: Re: (OT) - Major Blow to Copyleft Theory
From: John Cowan <cowan@ccil.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 11:03:50 -0400

David Woolley scripsit:

> My impression was that, at least in the UK and US, contracts required
> either consideration, or, for the UK at least, being executed as a deed
> (the latter being why the non-disclosure agreements I've signed tend to
> have to be witnessed).

True, but consideration is a matter of form nowadays: contracts tend
to say "for the sum of 1 <currency-unit> and other good and valuable
consideration" just to silence that particular warning.

Questions of consideration, therefore, tend only to arise when contracts
are (a) implicit and (b) of an un-customary character.

--
We are lost, lost.  No name, no business, no Precious, nothing.  Only empty.
Only hungry: yes, we are hungry.  A few little fishes, nassty bony little