Subject: Open Source and Free Software 2009
From: "Lawrence Rosen" <lrosen@rosenlaw.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 15:43:47 -0700
Fri, 28 Aug 2009 15:43:47 -0700
Colleagues,

I wrote an article to introduce the Practising Law Institute (PLI)
continuing education program on "Open Source and Free Software 2009."
Several of our open source attorney friends are among the presenters and
they will also be publishing articles for this program. I've taken the
liberty of previewing some of the topics that they will be addressing in
their presentations, although I expect each of them to take a unique slant
on things.

Here is my article: www.rosenlaw.com/PLI2009.pdf.

The full PLI program title is "Open Source and Free Software 2009: Benefits,
Risks and Challenges in Today's Economic Environment."

.         The New York version of this program, coordinated by Lori Lesser
and Stuart Levi, is on 11/18/2009. See
http://www.pli.edu/product/seminar_detail.asp?id=49004.

.         The San Francisco version of this program, also live on the web,
which I will coordinate, is on 12/9/2009. See
http://www.pli.edu/product/seminar_detail.asp?id=49005.

Please register and join us if you can.

I apologize for cross-posting but there are so many valuable open source
lists nowadays! :--)

/Larry

Lawrence Rosen

3001 King Ranch Road, Ukiah, CA 95482

Office: 707-485-1242    Cell: 707-478-8932

Apache Software Foundation, member and counsel (www.apache.org)

Open Web Foundation, board member (www.openwebfoundation.org)

Stanford University, Instructor in Law

Author, Open Source Licensing: Software Freedom and Intellectual Property
Law (Prentice Hall 2004)