Subject: Re: Blogger claiming "shared source" is approved by OSI
From: "Michael Tiemann" <tiemann@opensource.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 06:55:46 -0400
Mon, 22 Oct 2007 06:55:46 -0400
Alexander,

The OSI hosts its website and mailing list according to these Terms of
Service: http://opensource.org/ToS

Under section 5(1), you agree to not:

1) upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content
that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous,
defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy,
hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable or harm minors;
I read your response as harrasing, and the response of the recipient shows
that it was taken as such.  Politics may inform how we understand and
discuss licenses, but disparagement of another's political system is beyond
the scope of the list.  If you insist on violating our terms of service, I
will insist that you be removed from this list.

On 10/21/07, Alexander Terekhov <alexander.terekhov@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/21/07, Mahesh T. Pai <paivakil@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> > Alexander Terekhov said on Sun, Oct 21, 2007 at 04:23:07PM +0200,:
> >
> >  > I suggest that you together with other T-shirt dressed RMS lovers
> >  > start picketing and running in circles around your Parliament and
> >  > other governmental domiciles shouting "Freedom! Freedom! Shared
> >  > Source is Not Good! Shared Source is Not Enough Open
> >  > Sourcy!!!". Educate your Government, Rui.
> >
> > That is an excellent suggestion.
> >
> > As an aside, which is absolutely NOT off topic to this list, what
> > exactly do you seek to achieve by participating the discussions here?
>
> Same thing as Eben Moglen visiting your marxist state of Kerala this
> year, Mahesh. Mostly recreation. It's a kind of a hobby activity for
> me.
>
> regards,
> alexander.
>
> --
> "Live cheaply," he said, offering some free advice. "Don't buy a house,
> a car or have children. The problem is they're expensive and you have
> to spend all your time making money to pay for them."
>
>      -- Free Software Foundation's Richard Stallman: 'Live Cheaply'

Alexander,