Subject: Re: Announcing OWFa and CLA 1.0
From: John Cowan <cowan@mercury.ccil.org>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 13:04:19 -0400

Lawrence Rosen scripsit:

> I'm sending this to OSI license-discuss@ to see if there is any interest in
> having OSI review these agreements for compatibility with the OSD. /Larry

I have no problem doing so.  I have a more general question, though.  I've
never seen the point of signed CLAs.  If a project doesn't want to take
copyright ownership (as the FSF does), then why isn't it enough to ask
contributors to license their contributions under some open source license
compatible with the project's (preferably the same one)?

Indeed, ISTR you making this very point in the past.

--
What is the sound of Perl?  Is it not the       John Cowan
sound of a [Ww]all that people have stopped     cowan@ccil.org