Subject: Re: Advertising Clauses in Licenses
From: bruce@perens.com (Bruce Perens)
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 12:50:15 -0800 (PST)

From: Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>
Bruce Perens writes:
 > I think there needs to be language added to the OSD, protecting
 > the user and developer from odd burdens that the licensor wishes to impose
 > upon them.

Russ Nelson:
> Are you volunteering to write this language yourself, or volunteering
> someone else?

I'd be happy to write the first draft and coordinate comments and changes
to it. Of course it would be a group project as I'd need to consult lots of
people - attorneys, community leaders, a discussion list, etc.

I suspect that some of the things I am worried about fail the current OSD
under "use" restrictions, but not as explicitly as I'd like.

	Thanks

	Bruce