Subject: Re: SocialText AGAINST paper wiki page
From: Matthew Flaschen <matthew.flaschen@gatech.edu>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 21:47:36 -0500
Fri, 19 Jan 2007 21:47:36 -0500
Andrew C. Oliver wrote:
> http://www.buni.org/mediawiki/index.php/SPL Against

Whoa, this is not about SPL!  We are reviewing GAP (Generic Attribution
Provision); contrary to what Socialtext has sometimes strongly implied,
SPL does not equal MPL + GAP.  I have changed the page to refer to GAP.
 In my opinion (I think shared by a few others), SPL is *much* worse
than GAP.  Socialtext may well switch to GAP if it is approved, but
they're not using it now and it's supposed to be generic anyhow.

I've moved both pages to GAP *, and started correcting them to refer to
the correct license.

> I have gotten this started.

Thank you.
> In other words: not trying to drive buni.org registrations, just offer a
> publicly editable page without making Chinese spam and medical
> enhancement ads part of the position.

Hey, it's your database. ;)

Matthew Flaschen

["application/pgp-signature" not shown]