Subject: Re: MS-PL/GPL compatibility, was Re: For Approval: Microsoft Permissive License
From: "Chris Travers" <chris.travers@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 16:21:11 -0700
Thu, 23 Aug 2007 16:21:11 -0700
On 8/23/07, Rick Moen <rick@linuxmafia.com> wrote:

> Quoting Chris Travers (chris.travers@gmail.com):
>
> > I thought this was a list for discussing licenses in general.
>
> You would be quite mistaken.

Then may I make a sincere suggestion that the topic matters of the lists be
clearly stated on the opensource.org web site?

Otherwise it gives the very clear impression that this is about discussing
license matters in general as to the list archives as a whole, I might add.

I think that rules are best stated and applied fairly.  If an analysis of
why the GPL v3 might be compatible with the MS-PL is not on permitted but a
discussion of knitting and religion (Quakerism) is, the appearance is
created that certain employers are granted extra lee-way in determining what
is on-topic for this community resource.

Furthermore, it would be very helpful to *add* a list for discussing license
compatibility, and so forth.

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers