Subject: Re: For Approval: Microsoft Public License
From: "Chris Travers" <chris.travers@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 09:21:06 -0700
Wed, 3 Oct 2007 09:21:06 -0700
On 10/3/07, Russ Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com> wrote:

> 2) it's Microsoft (at what point does Microsoft overcome its history?
> To which Chris DiBona and Eric Raymond say "when it stops making that
> history.").

I thnk the larger counterquestion is, should the submitter be relevant to
the discussion?  Are we approving licenses or submitters?  For that matter
next time we get something like the GPL v4, should we argue about the merits
of the FSF as a condition to approving the license because, after all, it is
not hard to characterize them as "our most viscious competitor" either?

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers