Subject: Re: For Approval: The Simplified BSD License
From: "Zak Greant" <zak.greant@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 18:49:53 -0800

On 9/8/07, Matthew Flaschen <matthew.flaschen@gatech.edu> wrote:
> I don't think anyone said GPL-compatibility is the reason for this
> submission; the initial submission said "unambiguously compatible with
> GPL", but that's not the primary reason.  The primary reason is simply
> that the license is widely adopted in the BSD communities.  But as you
> say, New BSD (the version already approved) is actually compatible with
> both versions of GPL.

I haven't ticketed any of the discussion related to this issue - I too
believe that it is orthogonal to the discussion.

In the future - when the license queue isn't blocked up - I think that
we should often ticket small issues - it will help improve people's
understanding of the process and provide a concise representation of
the discussion.

--
Cheers!
--zak