Subject: Re: request feedback on a new licence profile
From: Darren Duncan <darren@DarrenDuncan.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 12:37:49 -0800 (PST)

As another note for those interested ...

My product in question is actually two main products, one of which is
dependent on the other, in the form of a software stack.

The lower part of the stack is fully open source already, and has been
released that way over the last 2 years; this is the portion that
implements cross-database portability, and it is very useful all by
itself.  My program prototype is written in Perl and so is this; see CPAN
for "Rosetta" and "SQL::Routine" and related modules; they are released
GPL plus exception.

The license I was describing here would only refer to my "added value"
which is the upper part of the stack.

So my efforts are at least half OSI compliant already.

-- Darren Duncan