Subject: Re: Proper license for plugins
From: "Michael R. Bernstein" <webmaven@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 12:07:33 -0800

On Mon, 2005-01-17 at 10:36, Kelly Anderson wrote:

> This link was particularly informative, thank you:
>
> >http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#LinkingOverControlledInterface
>
> This additional language could work, but if you add this, is it REALLY
> still GPL? And if the controlled interface allows you to change the
> containing program's menus and such is it really in the spirit of what was
> imagined by the GNU people?

Well, this FAQ is *on* the GNU.org site, so I presume they know what
they're doing.

In any case, as long as the plug-ins are optional, not required, I think
it would be fine. Just don't be surprised if your proprietary plug-ins
to your Free program start getting some Free competition.

--
Michael R. Bernstein <webmaven@cox.net>