Subject: Re: License Proliferation
From: Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 01:11:44 -0400

Matthew Seth Flaschen writes:
 > Essentially, all it says is that derivative works of GPL code can
 > be distributed if they are licensed under the GPL.

Don't summarize legal documents.  It makes you wrong.  Quote them:

"You may not impose any further restrictions on the recipients'
exercise of the rights granted herein."

 > Like I said, there are really no restrictions, just rights.

"  To protect your rights, we need to make restrictions that forbid
anyone to deny you these rights or to ask you to surrender the rights."

--
--my blog is at     blog.russnelson.com         | with some experience
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok |     you know what to do.