From: Matthew Flaschen <matthew.flaschen@gatech.edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 18:39:48 -0500
Wed, 24 Jan 2007 18:39:48 -0500
Lawrence Rosen wrote:
> This whole experience concerns me on multiple levels. Why should we allow
> people (other than me and my friends, of course) ever to post repeated spam
> messages through some automatic script that they negligently invoke? And why
> should it be so easy for malicious people (Matthew Flaschen explicitly
> excepted) to unsubscribe third parties from this list? The whole thing
> sounds like a massive security breach. Thank God we're not running the
> Pentagon here.

I don't see how we could completely prevent scripting attacks.  I guess
we could set a minimum time between posts, but that would just be
annoying and ultimately solve nothing.

I do agree that other malicious people shouldn't have the same rights I
do. ;)  Seriously, that method still requires them to click a
confirmation link.  As a test, I requested unsubscribe for you (Larry)
and me.  Don't click any links, and we'll see if we hear from you again...;)

Matthew Flaschen

> Can't someone find a more sophisticated subscription and posting mechanism
> than this email list?

There must be some open source software...

Matthew Flaschen

["application/pgp-signature" not shown]