Subject: A priori IPR choices for IETF specifications
From: "Lawrence Rosen" <lrosen@rosenlaw.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 10:43:53 -0700
Sun, 21 Oct 2007 10:43:53 -0700
If you are concerned about open standards, you might want to follow a recent
thread on ietf@ietf.org, topic "A priori IPR choices".

On the table there is my proposal to re-charter the IETF IPR-WG to "propose
policies and procedures, consistent with the worldwide mission of IETF,
which will result in IETF specifications unencumbered by restrictive,
non-free patents."

Those of you who participate in IETF activities (and everyone is welcome to
do so!) might want to subscribe to that list and tell us what you think
about that proposal.

/Larry

Lawrence Rosen

3001 King Ranch Road, Ukiah, CA 95482

707-485-1242 * cell: 707-478-8932 * fax: 707-485-1243

Skype: LawrenceRosen

Author of "Open Source Licensing: Software Freedom and

                Intellectual Property Law" (Prentice Hall 2004)