Subject: RE: Question on OSD #5
From: "Tzeng, Nigel H." <Nigel.Tzeng@jhuapl.edu>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 20:31:59 -0500
Thu, 13 Dec 2007 20:31:59 -0500
Nigel Tzeng wrote:
>There were a few problems with JOSL which is why they
>deprecated it rather than fixed it with a new version.

Heh...and to not malign Larry work...I hunted for the vaguely remembered problem:

		"4. If we are going to keep using JOSL as an OSI-recommended license, it
		really needs to be rewritten (e.g., it asserts that all code under JOSL
		belongs to Jabber Inc.!). I think it is simpler to deprecate it."

http://mailman.jabber.org/pipermail/members/2005-August/003322.html

Between its disuse and desire for non-proliferation the jabber board elected to
deprecate the license.

Re: Question on OSD #5