Subject: de-recomendation of Larry Rosen's licenses/clarify web site
From: lmajerus@speakeasy.net
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 22:55:29 +0000

 Mon, 15 Aug 2005 22:55:29 +0000
Evan and all,

Larry Rosen has volunteered to "de-recommend" the earlier versions of his licenses in
response to a call from the OSI license proliferation committee for people to voluntarily
"re-commend" their own licenses. In other words, only an owner of a license can de-recommend
it, not just anyone.

Our web master is a volunteer (thank you Steve!), and I will ask him to make the site
clearer about what this means.

You'll notice a similar disclaimer on the Intel Open Source License.  The Jabber Open
Source License will get a disclaimer soon, as the Jabber folks voluntarily de-recomended
it at Oscon.

Laura Majerus
OSI, Legal Affairs