Subject: Re: License Committee Report for September 2005
From: Rick Moen <rick@linuxmafia.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 15:05:01 -0700

Greetings, Ben.

Quoting Ben Tilly (btilly@gmail.com):

> But if you want to actually provide us feedback on what we've done
> then we'd like you to shut up."

Actually, it seemed to amount to:  "Feedback while we're deciding policy
is welcomed.  By contrast, feedback _after we've moved on_ is considered
merely vexing."

> What is particularly interesting in this case is that nobody KNOWS
> what you've done.

I'd say we have a very good estimate:  It'll be close to Russ Nelson's
2005-03-02 draft, URL just posted.

Modest suggestion:  Re-read that, have a calming cup of tea, consider
that fruitful communication among intelligent people of goodwill is a
tractable problem, and enjoy your weekend.

--
Cheers,     "Learning Java has been a slow and tortuous process for me.  Every
Rick Moen   few minutes, I start screaming 'No, you fools!' and have to go