Subject: AFL 3.0
From: "Lawrence Rosen" <lrosen@rosenlaw.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 14:24:21 -0700
Wed, 4 Apr 2007 14:24:21 -0700
The Academic Free License is listed on the OSI website as "redundant with
more popular licenses."

Can anyone name for me the license with which it is redundant? Remember, in
law as in software, close isn't enough!!!!

The categories of licenses that OSI has created are, for the most part,
legally meaningless for purposes of choosing or understanding a license.
Unfortunately, that may not be understood by everyone who goes to the OSI
site for license guidance.

/Larry

Lawrence Rosen

3001 King Ranch Road, Ukiah, CA 95482

707-485-1242 * cell: 707-478-8932 * fax: 707-485-1243

Skype: LawrenceRosen

Author of "Open Source Licensing: Software Freedom and

                Intellectual Property Law" (Prentice Hall 2004)