Subject: Re: For Approval: BSD License, PostgreSQL Variant
From: John Cowan <cowan@ccil.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 23:46:11 -0400

Lawrence Rosen scripsit:

> That's a better way to avoid license proliferation, and it encourages
> PostgreSQL to reconsider their alternatives in light of the latest licensing
> technology available to replace their variant of the BSD license.

Unfortunately, that bumps up against the supposed legal rule that no
license can't be changed without the unanimous consent of the authors.
You and I know better, as do at least some members of this list,
but there are many people who are deeply invested in the truth
of this absurdity.

--
If you understand,                      John Cowan
   things are just as they are;         http://www.ccil.org/~cowan