Subject: Re: Editorial Board, Take 2 - vs. Trac Maintainers
From: Robin 'Roblimo' Miller <robin@roblimo.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 15:07:03 -0500

> If that's the case, then I propose we separate the discussions.  Let's
> assume that the Editorial Board that I am proposing is only
> responsible for the *wiki*, to ensure that the information provide is
> maximally useful.  These are people with extensive open source
> experience, but not necessarily very much time.

This makes sense. I'm not a lawyer, but I've been an editor for a good
number of years, and this is reasonably close to what real-life editors
actually do (or, at least, are *supposed* to do).

> In addition, we have a separate group called Trac Maintainers, whose
> job it is to scan the lists and help manage tickets.  These are people
> who are perhaps not Open Source gurus, but are passionate and willing
> to devote the time to help the community.

This would be great "entry level" volunteer work for people who want to
help out but may not have programming, legal or writing/editing
backgrounds -- and for people with those backgrounds, too, if they have
time on their hands.

Robin 'Roblimo' Miller
Editor in Chief,
SourceForge, Inc.