Subject: Re: Open Source Decision Models
From: Chris Travers <chris@metatrontech.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 10:03:05 -0800

 Fri, 5 Mar 2010 10:03:05 -0800
IANAL but just some things that immediately come to my mind.

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 9:19 AM, Somik Raha <somikr@gmail.com> wrote:
> Kevin, Chuck, thank you for your responses. I am familiar with the GPL and
> other open-source code licenses and I do plan to distribute the models. To
> clarify, a lot of these models are wired up in what many people will not
> agree to as "code." Would you call a worksheet with equations in several
> cells "code"?

I would suggest "code" as "whatever is subject to copyright controls"
from the GPL's perspective.

Data and equations themselves may not be protected, so you are left
with licensing your creative arrangements of these things.

Sounds like code to me....

 Best Wishes,
Chris Travers