Subject: Re: NPO Developers License
From: Bruce Perens <bruce@perens.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 21:35:18 -0700

Wilson, Andrew wrote:

>Do what's right for your project, but
>please understand that you would be -- literally, and intentionally --
>creating "third world" software with licensing terms
>incompatible with both proprietary and free/open source SW.

I figure that the folks on this list represent at least 10,000 active
developers worldwide, who have produced about $3 Billion worth of
software (by line count). Debian alone counts over 1000 developers, in
literally every nation in the world. And none of us have had to prohibit
sale. Whatever he claims about his non-profit experience, I can't
believe he's right, or even making sense for his own project.

    Bruce