Subject: Re: Moving Forward (WAS: Governance and responsibility)
From: "Bruno F. Souza" <bruno@javaman.com.br>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 14:35:07 -0300

Ernest Prabhakar wrote:

> Can I make a suggestion? While I realize that license-proliferation  is
> front-burner (sigh), how about we charter a small working group to
> start a back-burner discussion of a *process* for determining
> membership/election "policy?"

Yes, this is a top priority. It is already being discussed, and the list
is already up and available (to be fair, not much "debate" going on
there yet, so, good time to heat things up).

Many may have missed because it was sent in the middle of another heated
thread, but long ago Ken Coar invited all to participate in the
membership discussion and committee:

 > Like the licence proliferation project, the membership
 > project is open for participation to everyone.  Unlike the
 > licence proliferation project, the actual membership ctte
 > is open-ended.

 > and I enthusiastically invite you, Ian -- and anyone else --
 > to join it.

So, come on in, we agree with you that this is an issue that needs deep
and open debate. Join now:

      membership-discuss-subscribe@opensource.org

Tks,
--
Bruno.
Bruno Peres Ferreira de Souza                         Brazil's JavaMan
http://www.javaman.com.br                      bruno at javaman.com.br
         if I fail, if I succeed, at least I live as I believe