Subject: Licensing question
From: jack fredricks <jzfredricks@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 22:16:07 +1000

 Wed, 9 Nov 2005 22:16:07 +1000
Hi all,

first off, please let me say that my knowledge of OSS licences is minimal.
secondly, I hope I don't offend anyone here by asking my question, I
have a feeling that what I want to do is "anti"-open-source...

1) I want to develop an application
2) I want PARTS of it to be open source
3) I want to keep 'control' of the application, both financially and legally
4) I don't want to keep 'control' of any PARTS that are open source,
just the bits that aren't.

Is this at all possible?

Obviously right now I'm trying to find out if it's legally possible.
If it is, I'll then consider if it's actually feasible. My fear is if
the entire project isn't open source, I wont be able to get others to
contribute to the open source bits.

Many thanks

Jack