Subject: Help Request for Academic Research
From: Jon Oakes <>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 11:14:14 -0800 (PST)
Wed, 9 Nov 2005 11:14:14 -0800 (PST)
My name is Jon Oakes and I am conducting research on how business managers should formulate
strategies around F/OSS. I am currently in my second year at Harvard Business School
and the project is overseen by the Strategy department.
My goal is to generate a very pragmatic guide for non-technical managers to use in their
assessment of the risk/reward of using and contributing to the F/OSS community. I hope
to develop the research into a paper that can be published sometime next year or possibly
into a case study.
I am hoping to find a few "experts" that I can interview for 15 to 30 minutes (more
if you can spare it!) to get some perspective and ask some technical questions. I am
looking for legal, technical and strategic perspectives.
Please respond to my Yahoo! mail address or to my school email which is