Subject: Re: Questions to OSI Board quorum
From: David Barrett <dbarrett@quinthar.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 09:17:44 -0800

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 8:44 am, Rishab Aiyer Ghosh wrote:

> so i would say that an opt-out to the grant-back clause would make the
> OVPL acceptable. however, that might be equivalent in effect to
> dual-licensing it under the current OVPL and another licence, such as
> the GPL.

Yes, this is precisely what I am going for.

> i would then question why the OVPL would be necessary, if its key
> attribute (grant-back) can be opted out of.

The benefit is it reduces the administrative overhead of harvesting
physical contributor agreements.

Again, I'm not trying to force anyone to do anything they wouldn't
already do.  I'm just trying to make it easier for all involved.
Likewise, I'm not claiming it's an enormous improvement; it's just a
small step in a direction that is particularly important to me.

-david