Subject: Re: Re: Question Regarding GPL
From: John Cowan <cowan@ccil.org>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 00:06:25 -0500

Rick Moen scripsit:

> > My understanding of Galoob says that there should be no copyright
> > issues involved with linking as long as the result is not saved.
>
> I'm not clear on Galoob's relevance, here:  A Linux kernel module _does_
> get saved to disk -- by its author.  Ergo, it isn't just a transitory
> creation in RAM a la Galoob.

His point was that under Galoob I can run a proprietary kernel module
assuming its author could legitimately create it -- that is, I am not
liable for the act of running it.  Which is good.

--
John Cowan  cowan@ccil.org  www.reutershealth.com  www.ccil.org/~cowan
Promises become binding when there is a meeting of the minds and consideration