Subject: Re: Re: Question Regarding GPL
From: Rick Moen <rick@linuxmafia.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 21:14:41 -0800

Quoting John Cowan (cowan@ccil.org):

> His point was that under Galoob I can run a proprietary kernel module
> assuming its author could legitimately create it -- that is, I am not
> liable for the act of running it.  Which is good.

Ah, OK.  It's always been quite clear that the act of _using_ a
copyrighted material is not, in the general case (modulo performance
rights for music, dramas, teleplays) controlled by copyright law:
Galoob just finally killed stone-dead the a-priori unlikely theory that
it as the Court saying "Nice try, but clearly _no_."