Subject: Re: GPL for JS libraries (Was: Re: Redefining GPL?)
From: Rick Moen <>
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 09:59:38 -0800

Quoting Philippe Verdy (

> A change of technical form that does not change any term is not
> changing the GPL itself. So you can include the GPL as an HTML file if
> you like, or as a Word or OpenOffice document, or as an embedded
> resource shown within a program, it is still the original GPL.

I'm getting a sudden mental image of encountering the GPL as an embedded
Ogg file, with the text sung to the tune of "Alice's Restaurant".

Cheers,                              "Open your present...."
Rick Moen                            "No, you open your present...."                  Kaczinski Christmas.
               --  Unabomber Haiku Contest, CyberLaw mailing list