Subject: Re: [Fwd: FW: For Approval: Generic Attribution Provision]
From: Rick Moen <rick@linuxmafia.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 15:06:05 -0800

Quoting Matthew Flaschen (matthew.flaschen@gatech.edu):

> How so?  I'm attempting to give my perspective on section 8, which
> everyone had been discussing.

Your point might clearer if you'd quote relevant material from the
preceding thread, but unfortunately you did not in the post to which I
replied, so I could only go by memory or find relevant prior posts in
the Web archive.

In any event, this is starting to get extremely silly:  A codebase under
GPLv2 with some specific geographic-restriction addendum based on clause
#8 is _not_, in fact, under the same licence as one under GPLv2 without
that additional clause.

Are you entirely done?

--
Cheers,       A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will
Rick Moen     annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. -- Herm Albright