Subject: Re: [Fwd: FW: For Approval: Generic Attribution Provision]
From: Rick Moen <rick@linuxmafia.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 20:16:51 -0800

Quoting DShofi@atmi.com (DShofi@atmi.com):

> Time out guys.  Let's not get into a debate as to whether the OSI has any
> proprietary right in the generic term "open source"....

No, actually, this is quite fundamental, and I'm glad to call bollocks
on that variety of rhetoric right up front.  That train left the station
a decade ago, and it's become one of the classic signs of someone not
needing to be taken seriously.

Nobody is suggesting burning the living rooms of projects abusing the
term, of course.  It's simply deception of the public and bad faith (if
consciously done), and we should not hesitate to say so.

> ...power to prevent or permit...

Blah blah.

Need some help painting that herring red?

--
Cheers,
Rick Moen                                Bu^so^stopu min per kulero.