Subject: Re: SocialText license discussion--call for closure of arguments
From: Rick Moen <>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 17:15:12 -0800

Quoting Timothy McIntyre (

> Essentially, I think the SocialText license should be approved for the
> same reasons that the OSI approved the Attribution Assurance License.

You mean, for the "reason" of having not, at that time, yet gotten around
to writing OSD provision #10?  That reason would seem to no longer apply.

It's funny how many of these Web 2.0 firms seem to think the OSD is just
a series of talking points, that can be selectively ignored.

Cheers,      "Transported to a surreal landscape, a young girl kills the first
Rick Moen     woman she meets, and then teams up with three complete strangers       to kill again."  -- Rick Polito's That TV Guy column,
              describing the movie _The Wizard of Oz_