Subject: Re: [Fwd: FW: For Approval: Generic Attribution Provision]
From: Rick Moen <rick@linuxmafia.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 02:33:39 -0800

Quoting Ben Tilly (btilly@gmail.com):

> (Why do people care about this so much?  We all agree that under OSD
> #10 this is a slam dunk.  Why worry about a far weaker OSD #6
> argument?)

I raise that matter for two reasons:  (1) I expect that the matter will
be raised again without the OSD#10 blunder -- indeed, I _hope_ someone
submits a licence similar to MPL 1.1 + GAP in general outline, but
without the OSD#10 gaffe, the failure to write coherent English, and
without GAP's obvious oversight of permitting the original copyright
holder to mandate _any_ size of "display".

(2) The most frequent challenge to open source licensing has _always_
been from various attempts to reserve or restrict commercial usage,
and still attempt to justify that deserving to be called "open source".