Subject: Re: Introducing Open Solutions Alliance
From: Michael Bernstein <webmaven@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 17:21:37 -0800
Fri, 16 Feb 2007 17:21:37 -0800
On Wed, 2007-02-14 at 18:29 -0500, Matthew Flaschen wrote:
> Robin 'Roblimo' Miller wrote:
>
>  I told two of their
> > people -- and SourceForge.net dude Ross Turk also said -- that we think
> > the membership criterion should be that a company's main products or
> > services are open source, and when we say "open source," we mean open
> > source as defined by OSI.
>
> That's doubly ironic, since SourceForge doesn't seem to have any real
> open source products.

Well, they *do*, technically, it's just that the project has been
unmaintained since 2001:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/alexandria-dev/

But of course there is now more than one open source fork of the
original system available (Gforge, Savannah).

I think that the only OSTG site that continues to maintain and release
on an ongoing basis the current version of the code that they are
running is Slashdot:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/slashcode/

Is this enough to get SourceForge / OSTG / VA Software a pass?

- Michael R. Bernstein
  michaelbernstein.com

["application/pgp-signature" not shown]