Subject: Re: For Approval: Artistic License 2.0
From: Ian Jackson <ijackson@chiark.greenend.org.uk>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 12:34:21 +0000

Allison Randal writes ("For Approval: Artistic License 2.0"):
> 		       The Artistic License 2.0

Is this still a draft ?

It occurs to me that your intent doesn't seem to necessarily imply GPL
incompatibility.  Without looking at it in detail I'm not sure whether
it's compatible and all I could find on the FSF website[1] is an aside
which suggests that the FSF think it is compatible.

Have you talked to the FSF at all ?  If not you might like to do so
because if you have no particular reason to be GPL-incompatible it
will generally make everyone's lives easier if you are compatible.

Thanks,
Ian.