Subject: Re: For Approval: Open Source Hardware License
From: Rick Moen <rick@linuxmafia.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 22:03:03 -0700

Quoting Allison Randal (allison@perl.org):
> Rick Moen wrote:
>
> >My understanding is that OSI's licence approval process
> >(http://www.opensource.org/docs/certification_mark.html) is specifically
> >for _software_ licences.  That scope limitation came up previously when
> >people proposed documentation licences for certification; I suspect the
> >same logic applies here.
>
> It would be a shame if the pioneers of the open hardware movement
> weren't given the opportunity to benefit from the years of hard-earned
> experience in the open software community.

I can't help noticing that OSI _certifying_ only software licences
wouldn't equate to it somehow hoarding its experience.  Either I'm
missing something, or perhaps you are.  ;->

--
Cheers,                English is essentially a language in which "up" has
Rick Moen              forty-seven dictionary definitions, but