Subject: Re: For Approval: Open Source Hardware License
From: Rick Moen <rick@linuxmafia.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 20:58:51 -0700

Quoting Matthew Flaschen (matthew.flaschen@gatech.edu):

> If OSI considers a license specifically designed for hardware, why
> should we want it to be in use for software?

I'll be glad to take a swing at your question if OSI ever expresses a
wish to "consider a licence specifically designed for hardware".  Until
that day dawns, though, your question seems a bit pointless.

> If they are acceptable, though, there is no reason to require they be
> in use for software.            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Highlighted assertion is unsupported, and seems dubious on its face:
_Reasons_ OSI might wish to ask that submitted licences be _in actual use_
for software have already been cited.

--
Cheers,                            To you, this thought         Alot
Rick Moen                          I gently allot:              Isnot