Subject: Re: conducting a sane and efficient GPLv3, LGPLv3 Review
From: Matthew Flaschen <matthew.flaschen@gatech.edu>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 22:39:45 -0400

Alexander Terekhov wrote:
> On 8/3/07, Matthew Flaschen <matthew.flaschen@gatech.edu> wrote:
> [...]
>>> If that's not enough, just let Welte know about the problem - I
>>> suspect he is already fed up with getting funny judgments
>> Funnily enough, he got just the judgment he wanted and expected.
>
> Really? <Googling...> Ha! Can't wait to enjoy reading the judgment.

Of course, I was discussing the D-Link judgment before, same as you.

> "Skype is surprised by the recent decision and believes that it has
> not acted improperly. At this time, we cannot comment further because
> Skype is considering its options in relation to appealing this
> regional judgment."

To me, that makes it sound like Skype lost, not Welte.  That's probably
why they're appealing the judgment.  If your point is, "The Skype ruling
isn't final yet" that much is obvious.

> (Oddly, http://www.gpl-violations.org/ says nothing about event, nor
> does http://gnumonks.org/~laforge/weblog/).

He hasn't yet published the results (this may have something to do with
him being very busy with OpenMoko).  That doesn't make them invalid.

Matt Flaschen