Subject: RE: For Approval: Microsoft Permissive License
From: Chris Fagan <chrisfa@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 11:41:35 -0700

 Tue, 21 Aug 2007 11:41:35 -0700
Hi,
My colleague Jon Rosenberg is out on vacation for a couple of weeks. Sorry it's taken
a few of days to pick up this thread. In his stead I'd like to respond:

Our intention in designing the MS-PL is most clearly understood by thinking about how
a developer may want to make source code they developed available to their users (i.e.
other developers etc).  A design goal of the MS-PL is to allow developers to choose
to ensure that the specific rights in Section (2) continue to be available to downstream
developers and users through generations of adoption and adaptation.

Chris Fagan
Microsoft Corporation