Subject: Re: When will CPAL actually be _used_?
From: Rick Moen <>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 17:01:33 -0700

Quoting Ross Mayfield (

> Thanks, Rick,
> Our next release of Socialtext Open will be under CPAL.  We've been
> swamped setting up a new release management process and hosting
> BarCamp this weekend.  Should be next week.

Meanwhile, you should un-swamp yourself long enough to _immediately_
remove Open Source Initiative's "OSI Certified" logo from , which has since July 30
had that logo displayed above the claim "CPAL applied to Socialtext
Open" -- which claim is not in fact true.

In addition, claims:

   Open Source Licenses
   Socialtext is Open Source Initative Approved Open Source Software.

That turns out to be untrue, as well. repeats that erronous
claim, once again directly under OSI's trademarked logo:

   Socialtext is Open Source Initative Approved Open Source Software.
   o  CPAL - The Common Public Attribution License is our license for
      Socialtext Open and SocialCalc.

Your continuing to make those claims, particularly below OSI's
trademarked logo, is abuse of OSI's certification-mark trademark and
(once again) misrepresents your licensing to the public.

If you're saying that's too time-consuming a change, might I recommend
some good wiki software for your site?  ;->

Best Regards,
Rick Moen
(speaking only for himself)