Subject: Re: MS-PL/GPL compatibility, was Re: For Approval: Microsoft Permissive License
From: Rick Moen <rick@linuxmafia.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 16:32:04 -0700

Quoting Chris Travers (chris.travers@gmail.com):

> Then may I make a sincere suggestion that the topic matters of the lists be
> clearly stated on the opensource.org web site?

Does this _look_ like "mailto:webmaster@opensource.org"?  C'mon, Mr
Travers, you're severely logorrhoeic, full of bullshit notions about law
and licensing, and utterly lacking in any sense of appropriateness, but
I'm not convinced you're actually stupid.

> Otherwise it gives the very clear impression that this is about discussing
> license matters in general as to the list archives as a whole, I might add.

If you pay no attention to the prominent public documentation about the
licence approval process, I suppose.

> I think that rules are best stated and applied fairly.

The "rules" in a functional sense are whatever Russ as listadmin is
willing to stomach.  Other than that, it's just deft wielding of
killfiles -- which, you will find, makes in the general no case no
noise, but you might find yourself with the sudden, justified impression
that you're speaking to the empty air and being ignored.

And you _still_ need to look up "tu quoque".  More than ever, my good
sir.