Subject: Re: A separate program for license recommendation
From: Chris Travers <chris@metatrontech.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 12:09:51 -0700
Sat, 25 Aug 2007 12:09:51 -0700
Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> Tobia Conforto <tobia.conforto@linux.it> writes:
>

>> It could be called "Open Source Recommended License" or something to
>> that effect.
>>
>> What do you think?
>>

> http://opensource.org/proliferation-report
>
> Ian

 From that link:

The first thing we can do is to make sure that licenses calling
themselves "open source" truly meet the Open Source Definition. In 2005,
the OSI has suggested three guidelines that they would apply to proposed
licenses to determine whether they should be OSI-approved.

   1. The license must not be duplicative
   2. The license must be clearly written, simple, and understandable
   3. The license must be reusable

<<
Can we apply criteria 2 to the approval process for the GPL3?

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers

["text/x-vcard" not shown]