Subject: Re: Fait Accompli Licences
From:Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des@linpro.no>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 14:13:24 +0200

 Fri, 07 Sep 2007 14:13:24 +0200
David Woolley <forums@david-woolley.me.uk> writes:
> Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des@linpro.no> writes:
> > Changing the text of the license is not an option, BTW.
> It is just me, or am I seeing an increasing number of non-negotiable
> licence texts, thus defeating one of the main purposes of this list!

The text can not be changed for the following two reasons:

 1) the proposed license is a relaxed version of an existing, approved
    license; changing the text would create an entirely new license
    and require new legal analysis etc.

 2) the point of this submission is to get OSI approval for a license
    which is already widely used; changing the text would defeat that
    purpose, as the license that would end up being approved would not
    be the one people are actually using.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav