Subject: RE: For Approval: Microsoft Permissive License
From: "Wilson, Andrew" <andrew.wilson@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 15:54:59 -0700

 Mon, 24 Sep 2007 15:54:59 -0700

Chris Travers wrote:

> My suggestion is that you find major BSD-licensed community projects
> (not single-vendor reference implementations) which will agree that
> wrapping their code in the GPL without adding any copyrighted elements
is allowed.

My suggestion is that you *try* to stay on topic
(which was MS-PL).  MS-PL does not
allow covered code to be "wrapped" or otherwise intermingled
at the source code level with copyleft code, with or without
changes, period.  Microsoft's outside counsel has made this admirably
clear in his helpful responses to this list.  Your assertion
that MS-PL is no different in this regard than BSD represents
a reading of BSD which falls somewhere between outre and risible.

Andy Wilson
Intel open source technology center