Subject: Re: RPL 1.5 discussion
From: "Alexander Terekhov" <alexander.terekhov@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 18:35:26 +0200

On 9/23/07, Walter van Holst <w.van.holst@mitopics.nl> wrote:
[...]
> Given that most jurisdictions that I am aware of have chosen to apply copyright law
> to software in a significantly more restrictive manner than 'classic' copyright, as
in:
> hardly any equivalents of fair use are applicable, any technical copy of the software
> (including that made during execution of the software) is one that falls under the
> copyright holders' rights etc., ...

You must be unaware of 17 USC 117 and EU 91/250/EEC Article 5
Exceptions to the restricted acts and Article 6 Decompilation, I
suppose.

regards,
alexander.

--
"PJ points out that lawyers seem to have difficulty understanding the
GPL. My main concern with GPLv3 is that - unlike v2 - non-lawyers can't