Subject: Re: For Approval: Microsoft Permissive License
From: Rick Moen <rick@linuxmafia.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 00:46:08 -0700

Quoting Philippe Verdy (verdy_p@wanadoo.fr):

> A trademark you don't own can't be safely used for advertising another
> competing product in every country.

Stating that your product is under Fooware Company's Fooware Public
Licence is _nothing the least bit_ like using its marks to advertise to
advertise a product competing with Fooware's.  Instead, that is a prime
example (to reiterate) of what in trademark law is called "nominative
use" -- and I strongly doubt that your country or any other in Europe,
or frankly, any country, would ever adjudicate such usage as trademark
infringement.

If you live in a country that would, then you have bigger problems than
this licence proposal -- but I'm calling this whole issue of yours bogus
and leaving it at that.