Subject: Re: For Approval: Microsoft Reciprocal License
From: "Mike Strobel" <mike.strobel@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 23:34:38 -0400
Wed, 10 Oct 2007 23:34:38 -0400
Hi there,

While I certainly approve of this license (and currently use the earlier
Ms-CL version on my CodePlex project), I was under the impression that the
Ms-RL abbreviation refers to the Microsoft Reference License <
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/sharedsource/licensingbasics/referencelicense.mspx>.
 The
latter license allows for reference only ("look, but don't touch/take"), and
is certainly not "open source".  I don't think it's a stretch to suggest
that some people might get these licenses confused based on the current
abbreviation scheme, and that could potentially cause problems for both
Microsoft and open source developers.

I'm don't know if this point is relevant to the license approval process or
not, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Cheers,
Mike Strobel