Subject: Re: BSD-like licenses and the OSI approval process
From: Rick Moen <rick@linuxmafia.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 15:23:57 -0700

Quoting Ph.D. (hawkins@cephira.com):

> Why would he want to switch to an unpopular license that the OSI lists
> as redundant?

Larry maintains that it's better-written and is a more certain guard
against modern legal risks, while still matching precisely the intent of
a simple permissive licence.  I think he's right, for whatever it's worth.

> It should be clear from this list that people have entrenched ideas
> about licenses that they refuse to give up.

Human cussedness observed in the open source community.  PNG at 11. ;->

> I suggested following the Creative Commons model and using keywords to
> add additional contraints like this (similar to the "attribution,
> share-alike" wording)...combining upstream works into a single project
> becomes as simple as ORing all the keywords.

You know, that actually might work, with sufficient care about phrasing.
Good idea, worth trying.